hitachi eh 150

dafos

My name is Dafopoulos Ilias i am an automation enginner from Greece
I have a hitachi eh150 plc with the 208 cpu and i am trying to communicate with the serial port 1 as a general use port
For example i want to send some characters from my plc to the pc through hyper terminal or to send from my pc through hyper terminal some characters to my plc. I use the TRNS 0 and the RECV 0 commands as described in the manual but nothing happens . Could it be the cable i use ( i use the programing cable) ? I would appreciate it very much if you could help me in any way

You are actually udertaking one of those tasks that seems easy but is in reality quite complex. There are several factors involved in communicating between a PC ad a PLC.

1) Cable configuration must connect the transmit of one device to the receive of the other, plus any required signal grounds and data flow control wiring. You must use the same serial transmission signal on both sides, such as 2-wire RS-485 or RS232 etc.

2) The port settings must be the same for baud rate, parity, number of data bits, etc.

3) The signal sent to the PLC must be in the correct protocol. This means the header, address, the command, the error checking, and the end of transmission characters must be in the correct format and sequence.

4) The receiving device must be able to accept the data transmission, de-code the response fot the required information, and send back any acknowledgement message to the sending device.

You should go through the product manuals thoroughly, and I suggest that you talk to your supplier.