newbie to AB1391 help I'm downb

hyltoto

H
Hello Folks:

2nd day on the job and one of my machines crapped out. The ladder logic shows "servo drive in e-stop". The machine put itself in some internal type of e-stop, and we cannot reset it. I'm looking for some real-wporld knowledge to help us out. My Tech's are very knowledgeable but have never seen anything like this before.

Please help.........

If this is a 1391 all the interface to the plc will be hard I/O unless the I/O is going through a motion controller. You have tracked it to a specific internal condition. Keep tracking backward until you find the plc input that triggered the fault. Find out what is driving this input and get back to us. Based on your statement I ASSUME it is at least indirectly connected to the drive but this certainly needs to be confirmed.

Have you already checked the 3-phase supply, the 36 VAC centertap logic supply and the 120 VAC enable?

Keith

A 1391 is in obsolete Motion/Drive Controller. But, more than likely, it is connected to the PLC via a digital I/O board. Currenntly, the Ladder Logic has some condition that says the controller is E-Stopped. What are the Diagnostic Lights doing on the 1391? I will need this to help. I have alot of experience with 1391/1394's and GML. I need more description. If you are able, look at the ladder and determine what PLC input is not right and follow it back. The 1391 Controller has a ready contact that will open if there is some problem with the drive. What are the circumstances leading up to this. Have you checked the simple things, like fuses/power, estop circuit, etc..

If you can, send me your prints(scanned) to [email protected] and I will give you the necessary steps to troubleshoot this beast.
David

Found it

Thanks for the help guys. We actually removed a servo and found that a seal had become logged between the servo body and a drive coupling. Every now and then it looks like this would stall the servo, triggering the internal e-stop.