index register

walters

im working on an assignment now with a mitsubishi FX1n-60MT PLC and a F940GOT-LWD-E. for this program i have to write 20 different programs into an index register.

i have never done this before and don't know how i mist do this. i asked my boss but he can't explain it to me. im totally new with mitsubishi prgramming so i cant trust on experience. please someone explain me how to program such index register

PS.
the programs i use for programming are:
melsec medoc for the PLC and FX-PCS-DU-WIN-E for TP

i shal explain my question a bit more cause i see that it isn't clear

in melsec i type -[bmov D100 D500 K40] but does that mean
D100 - D140
or
D500 - D540

and if its D500 - D540 how must i program it that it takes D100 - D140

hope someone can help me now if you miss some info let me know and i will try to explain

Walters

Your instruction [bmov D100 D500 K40] will move the contents of registers D100-D139 (not D140) into registers D500-D539 so if the value in D110 is 100 and the value in D120 is 200 these values will be moved into D510 and D520.

I hope this helps because I am not sure how this relates to your first post.

walters said:
...for this program i have to write 20 different programs into an index register...

Welcome Walter.

One of the obvious sign with lack of experience is the vocabulairy that one uses. Being french I fortunatly can get away with a lot of this. Perhaps I know a lot less than I pretend. ;)

I guess that what mister Big asked you to do is to write 20 different recipes in one program, hence the need for indexes.

In Mitsu's firmware you ADD a suffixe to a given address and this suffixe becomes your index, ofseting the destination OR the origine of such value.

For instance, if you where to write Reciper number 1 to data arear D500-D539 and the Recipe number 2 to D600-D639 you could just offset the destination with and index.

Example:

your instruction [bmov D100 D500 K40] will move the 40 consecutive words block from D100-D139 to D500-D539.

This instruction would do the same [bmov D100 D500Z0 K40] IF THE VALUE OF INDEX Z0 IS ZERO. i.e. with an ofset of ZERO

To move the values to D600-D639 you would have to write a value of 100 into the index Z ... like this
[mov K1 Z0]

Z0 is the index. Others exist.

Now RTFM , enjoy.

people thanx for the replies

but to pierre

english isn't my foreign language either so i didn't knew how to say it. but if you mean with recipes something like this:

button1 move (something) to d500V
button2 move (something) to d500V (v=40)

and that 20 times with each time an other value for V, yes than i mean 20 recipes

but i have the program working now so i thank you both for youre help

if you have more than 1 index register

like: d350v
d450v
d550v

and you do -[mov k5 v]-
is 5 gonna be written in all 3 registers of my example above?