S7

Krish

How difficult is it to move a module from one dp slave to another for some who has a lot of experience in programming usinf S7 and other PLCs as well.

Krish

As I recall, this is well-nigh impossible.
I seem to remember the only way of doing this is to 'Copy' the original module, 'Paste' it where you want it to be, and then 'Delete' the original. Of course, as soon as you Paste the module it will have a new address assigned, so if you want to have the same address as the original one had, you'll have to edit that by hand.

It's easy enough to drag-and-drop modules within a single slave or I/O rack, but doing this between slaves isn't a feature I remember in STEP7

Can anyone help by proving me wrong?

Regards

Ken.

Krish - do you mean using a plc program to re-configure the Profibus or using the hardware manager to modify the hardware config ? What module do you want to move ?

I'm also a bit confused as to what exactly Krish wants to do. I've done lots of copying and pasting of program and hardware stuff and then highlighting and editing with search and replace in my current project - all worked pretty well (apart from the blasted alarms!).

A more detailed description would help.

I want to move a SSI analogue module from one DP slave to another in the same workstation. Whichever way will be better(less complications).

Hello Krish;

If you mean removing the SSI card from one slave and adding it to another slave, both slaves being attached to the same master,then all you need to do is change the Profibus configuration of the slaves and downloading it to the master. Make sure you set the I/O addresses for the SSI module in its new position to the same values that it had in the original setuop, or you will have to adjust them in the master's program (they will not be recognized by the master..)

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Back
Top Bottom