S7 timer

goxx

is it possible to preset a timer to give it a value to cut down on the designated time out? i have a timer that shows a fault after 3 seconds, but looking at it on-line, it looks like the timer has a value of 2.98 seconds, so it is telling me that i need .02 seconds to make the required 3 seconds. it is a on-delay timer. looks something like this on-line:

T4 S5T#2s980ms
(SD)
S5T#3s S5T#3s

thanks

have you tried to use an IEC timer just to see if it gives you the same fault???
if not iec on delay timer is sfb4(at least i believe, cant check it cause s7 is screwed up on my pc :S )but try it and see if that helps

regards walters

my bad walters, staring at it for 30 minutes wasn't long enough, when i went back out to the machine i saw it time down the way i expected it to. it gave me the full 3 seconds like i expected. i ain't real familar with the iec timer, i will have to read up on that. thanks, man.