Cable diagram for OP17 to S7-314

bundhit

In case I short a stock of DP-Connector and Pofibus cable, Could I use DB-9 connector and multi-core signal cable in stead of them to connect OP17 and S7-314? If the answer is "Yes", what the cable diagram shall be?

Hello bundhit;

If you are using MP or DP connection (even though there is no DP port on a CPU 314), pin-to-pin on pins 3, 5 and 8 will be adequate.
Look at the following image:

Profi_conn.jpg

The 24 V power and the RTS signals are not used for Profibus connections; for MPI ports the 24 v is often used to power local instrumentation (power for the PC-adapter, for example). But it is not required for connection to an OP.

you must take into account the fact that this solution does not give you the termination required for a run longer than 10 m. at 1,5 MB. you will have to take care of this yourself.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier