Protool pro help for a newbie

diesalher

Hi, this is my first post here. My English is not very good, i hope you understand me correctly, feel free to correct me (n).

Im making a project using protool pro. In this project i have a general view of a factory with lots of elements, the objective is that if i click on an element in the general image, i can navigate to a specific image of the element in which i put the specific values for the parameters of the object chosen.

To be more specific, i have 35 motors in the general view and i want to click on one and go to an specific motor image with the values of this motor in particular.

must i make 35 specific images of a motor and asssociate the output fields to the specific variable for the motor chosen? or can i make only one specific motor image and send the variables chosen as parameters ? or...can i make only one image and define multiplex variables for each field i want to show and then when i clicka motor send only and index to the specific image? or....is there a better way to do this?.o_O

thanks in advance for your help, if you dont understand what im trying to do, please, ask me , i'll try to explain better.

No, you don't need to create 35 images. What you need is the technique known as multiplex addressing, it's described quite well in Chapter 5.3.6 of the handbook for ProTool. If you try to do it from the Help files alone, you'll find that it's not too intuitive, so the learning curve is quite steep at first (typical Siemens, in other words), but once you get into it it's pretty straightforward.

To save you the bother here's the page:

MPX_Tags.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks!

I think it is exactly what i need. The spanish handboock does not describe the process as well as english one, but i think thats exactly what i need.

I suposse that the way to do that is this: when i click on a motor on the main screen i'll put the index value into a variable previously created, and then use the value on this variable to select the index to show the values of the motor chosen. I think i cannot send parameters to a screen, but now i think i'll can manage this.

Thank you very much.đź‘Ľ

Yes, that's right, you need to create a new variable for the index first, for example "Motor_Nr". If your motors are numbered 1 to 35 then your first entry in the list needs to be a "dummy", which if you haven't already created one for other purposes, you'll also need to create first.

As I said, it takes a little while to get used to, but once you've understood it, it's no problem.

Good luck!