Slc Processor Battery Replacement

sanjay_snj

Hi all !

For AB SLC 5/01 & 5/02 processors, there is no need to switch off the power supply during replacing back up battery. But for SLC 5/03,5/04 & 5/05 processor, power must be switched off.

Why it is so ? Can any one help.

The 5/01 anad 5/02 have the battery in the fron of the module just under the door. It can be accessed without removing the module from the rack. All the others have the battery on the main board. The module must be removed from the rack to access it. OK?

Battery replacement

Sanjay,

you 'do' have time to replace the on board battery of the 50/3-50/4, etc., because of the capacitor holding the voltage. You just power down, pull processor card, swap batteries out, re-insert processor & power back up