Need guide on RSLogix 500 programming for sequencing & valve operation

ckchew666

Hi,

I'm writing a program Yokogawa PLC. Due to the, Yokogawa software is not able to do stimulation, thus I'm writing the program using RSLogix 500 and stimulate it using RSEmulate. The instruction use must be general (available in Yokogawa low end PLC).

The system has 4 push button. Each PB indicate a valve open function. So 4 PBs means the system has 4 valves.

1) In manual mode hen PB1 is pressed, valve 1 will be opened for 5 mins. When PB1 & PB4 are pressed, valve 1 will open mins and close, then valve 4 will open. Only one valve can be open at a time in the system.

2) If PB1, PB3, PB2 & PB4 is pressed in such sequence, Valve will be opening following the PB sequence as well, where first valve to open is valve 1, follow by valve 3, 2 & 4.

3) In auto mode, valves opening will be valve 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Based on the requirement, the PLC must be able to know which is the signal from the PB comes in first, second, third....and forth....

I've stuck in the program that is able to control 3 valves only, but not 4. Attach is the program that I'm developing. I've put in a few PB & valves under the Custom Graphical Monitors (RSLogix 500 Pro)

I think there should be a better way

I'm writing the program for the first machine, while the second & third machine will have 5 & 6 valves respectively.

Hope someone can guide me.

Thanks in advance.

-CK Chew-

Sequence

I will be glad to look at the program tomorrow.
Question:
Does the Yokogawa support any indirect addressing?
If so you can capture the pushbutton order fairly easy using indirect addressing.
Does the operator always use the 4 buttons or can he use just 1, 2 or 3 button combination.
If for example only button 3 is pressed, is the sequence over after the first 5 minute time.
If all 4 buttons are used, I assume it is a 20 minute sequence (5 minutes per button).

thx. yes the operator can operate just 1,2 or3 valves.
i'm not sure if yokogawa has i/addressing, coz i'm new to yokogawa. i'd prefer instructions to be use if can.