howto find S7 evaluation copy

Hello beginner;

To my knowledge, you need a CD to install Step7. I don't know where you could download a working version of the program (service packs are available on siemens' site but they need a previous installation of the program). From version 5.0, you will be able to run it in demo mode (no connection to a CPU) without a licence (just get used to the nag screens...).
I am sure your nearest Siemens rep will be able to get you a copy of the demo software.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

There's a good reason why you don't see too many (any?) downloads for the demo version of S7....I have the demo CD that comes with the Berger books, if you zip the Step 7 V5.0 SP2, the resulting file is just under 150MB!

And that's leaving out all the other demo's thet are on the CD (Graph, HiGraph, SCL & CFC)