Back to school

Alex Pel

Hi everybody. I appreciate this forum. Due to your help guys I’ve already done my first project in wastewater treatment with AD PLC and also had practice with AB. Now it’s seems to me the time to learn more. My company is going to expand its business in Computerized Data Acquisition & Control System for the wastewater treatment plants. I have to learn something like this: “Automation Master Plan to provide the control system infrastructure for five wastewater treatment plants”, “SCADA; ABB INFI 90 networks (Ethernet, In. net, Controlway); Modbus/Plus; Devicenet; Data Highway/Plus”. My boss mentioned to send me back to school. He said: “to learn the PLC”. The courses, that our local British Columbia Institute of Technology provides, are not really I need. As a former IT guy I have imagination about Ethernet, Network. As a present electrician I had some experience with Devicenet. I need your help to orient me into right direction to learn and get working knowledge in high level control system.

Thanks.

Well, looks like my question is not clear.

Does anybody know any good learning recourse about SCADA and/or industrial Networks?

Thanks.

Uh Bellingham ?? The community college there is looking for an electrical instructor. MAYBE they have something that meets your needs.

I know it is a bit of a drive
AND you have the fiasco at the border
and it is so nice to put in 16 hour days between work, school and driving
but ,,,,,,,,

Allen Bradley courses -- AWFUL PRICEY
Local 4 year college??

IF things work out I may have need for the same knowledge. Let me know what you find.

That is best I can do.

Dan Bentler

Alex Pel said:
Well, looks like my question is not clear.
You got that right.

Speaking as a BCIT grad (Electrical & Electronics 1968), I'm surprised you think their offerings inadequate. The education I received there has provided me with a sound, strong base throughout my career. My brother (Instrumentation & Control 1980) has found the same. Don't sell them short.

Sounds like you're looking for some kind of 'quick fix' - good luck!

You might try talking to Dynapro (RSView creators) - I think they're still on Annacis Island.