wonderware

waterp1

does anyone have experience with wonderware programming or how to get info on the software.

Last edited:
What kind of info are you looking for? Ive used wonderware quite a lot, and it can be both a joy and an utter nightmare all in one. My favorite grips...

1) Cannot have 2 versions on 1 machine
2) Cannot open an older program without converting to new program
3) If you convert, your customer wont be able to run unless he buys a new license

Which leads to the joy of maintaing several machines and laptops depending on the customer. This can be incredibly frustrating. This reason alone is reason enough to use RSView or Intellutions if your an OEM.

What I hate about Wonderware is that you have to buy a third party driver for most PLC's. When I compare to Citect, they are a lot better in this! Download Citect from their website and you can begin to test the system! If you like it, buy a key and your on your way!

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

Wonderware is on the web. You can also go to www.enm.com and find info. as well.

The complaints about wonderware are all too true. The worst is the expence. We use Intouch along with Lookout on the same workstaions using the same I/O servers to accomplish HMI that has good control and wonderful trending. Intouch trending is at best lousy.

If I had to do it again I would just use Lookout. It comes with all the drivers you would ever need. Great support. Easy to use (once you get the hang of it) and it won't break the bank. Much better package than any others I've used. Try the National Instruments (NI.com)website for Lookout info.

Lenny

I have to agree with Jean Pierre.
With CiTect you don't need a developement key, it is full featured, Scalable no extra's to buy. And it will even run your project for 15 minutes without the Hard Lock installed. Great when your building and you needed to test something. Then when your finished you can decide which size of key to puchase.

Have you ever heared the GE FAnuc Cimplicity HMI. You can download it for free at GE Fanuc Website .You can run and developed and save your project. You can run your project for two hours and restart it again after it shut down when you dont have license. There are a lot of driver built in to the basic package but if you special driver you purchase them.