s7-312c & FC105

ivo.maenen

I have a s7-312c cpu with a SM334 analog cart. I can read and write to analog in- and output with 'L'- and 'T'-instructions.

But when I wanted to use FC 105, I have encountered a problem. When downloading the blocks to the cpu I get an error on FC105; 'unable to copy....'. When I read the help text, one of the reasons can be that the cpu does not support this FC.

Can I use FC105 on the S7-312c? If yes, does anybody know why I have this problem?

The code that is inside the FC105 is just "regular" STL. There should be no reasons why it should not be able to load and run on an S7-312C.

Can you provide the exact error number and help text ?

Ok I got this error message

analog1.GIF

When you look for the details you have two reasons;

analog2.GIF

Both reasons are in relation with each other for my problem, at least when I have reason. The explenations of both errors are;

For the first error;

analog5.GIF

For the second error;

analog7.GIF

So I still believe that cpu 312c can not work with FC105/106.

To "home in" on why you can't download FC105, delete FC105 from your project and create your own FC105 that contains a few instructions. See of you can download this. If you can, you know that the CPU will accept a block numbered FC105 and you can then switch your investigation down another route.

Hello guys;

I understand Ivo wants to use FC105 "Scale" from the TI-S7 conversion blocks library.
This is treated by the CPU as a SFC, and these are not all available to all CPUs, especially the smaller ones in the S7 family. The fastest way to know if this particular block is suppoorted is to open the properites of the CPU online, go to the performance tab. Amongst other information (intergrated number of FCs, FBs and DBs for example) there is a list of all SFC/SFBs supported by the model of CPU. If FC105 is not included in the lisat, you can't load from the library.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Daniel,
I dont think that the FC105 can be considered an SFC or "like an SFC".
There is an SFC105, but that one is called READ_SI (Read Dynamic System Resources), and as the name implies it does something completely different than the FC105 SCALE. There shouldnt be any connection between SFC105 and FC105.
As a matter of fact, FC105 SCALE is just a "normal" FC compiled with the KNOW_HOW_PROTECT bit turned on.

ivo can try to make another dummy FC105 to see if it is something inside the original FC105 SCALE that doesnt aggree with the S7-312C, and he can try to rename FC105 SCALE to another unused FC number.

Maybe I have got something:

Is the CPU really an S7-312IFM and not an S7-312C ?
Max FC number for the old model is FC32 !

What is the exact type number of the CPU ?

I found this in a manual from 2003

s7312c.GIF

So normally, according to this manual, even an 312IFM should go to FC511.

I will check tomorrow what the excact ordering number of my cpu is.

Normally you should have right JesperMP. Today I saw a different catalog were the cpu 312c was limited to 64 FC's. So not all documentation is 100% true.

I also followed dchartier's advice and yes the cpu 312c is indeed limited to 64 FC's.

The solution for this problem is simple; I called FC105 in OB1, I renamed FC105 into FC50, deleted the call for FC105 and called FC50 in OB1. I downloaded both and yes it worked.

Thank you guys for all your input.

Just to round this off completely:
What is the exact type of CPU you are using ?
When you go online and check the "performance data" under the CPU characteristics, what limitations are stated for the FCs ?

The type of the cpu is: cpu 312c (obtained via ONLINE Module Information) ordering-number; 312-5BD00-0AB0

The performance data are;

OB : 12
FC : 64
FB : 64
DB : 63
SFB : 10
SFC : 56

Thats interesting.
The latest specifications on S7-300 CPUs that I have (document no A5E00385496-01) states that the CPUs 312 and 312C supports up to FC511.
I think the manual covers only the latest versions of the CPUs at the time of printing.

Either there has been an extreme jump in the specifications from 6ES7312-5BD00-0AB0 to 6ES7312-5BD01-0AB0,
or the manual is wrong.

Does someone know where I can find CPU specs for older types.
It is a bit irritating that you can only find out by going online.

Like I have writen & have shown a few posts ago; I also had one catalog upto FC511 and a second only to FC64.

You do'nt need to go online but the info what you can get from documentation is clearly not always correct...everybody is human....the technical writers from Siemens also....but it can be confusing because you assume that the manual is correct...but ...assumption is the mother of all
icon22.gif
icon22.gif