Reading Barcodes in GX Developer

When scanning a barcode is it possible to read a number of characters out of the code.

How can I read in, say the first five characters only.

Would I need to read the entire barcode and then somehow pick out the characters, or could i just look at the first five characters only.

It may be that I want to read the first 5 or the last five characters.

Hope this makes sense. Finding it quite difficult to write. There is a function to do this in MS Excel.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is a command RIGHT or LEFT that allows you to extract data from a string. You specify the start point of the string, how many characters in from the right or left and where you want to store them. There are examples in the programming manual for the Q​

Similar Topics

I'm trying to read barcodes using a symbol scanner that's attached to my mp 377 (win ce) panel via usb. I have the scanner set to emulate keyboard...
Replies
Views
Trying to setup a message read via Ethernet. I have the path setup as 1, 1, 2, 192.168.66.10 I get an error code 1, ext err 315. I am beating...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I don't know why setup of password became challenging and weird. After setting up the password and try to upload the ladder from the plc...
Replies
Views
hi all, i have a plc i need to get info from for a site im working on: I have a 1764 Micro Logix 1500 LSP Series C (See Attached Image) im...
Replies
Views
Hi to everybody. I need to read the first 12 characters of the message that a barcode reader sends to the ascii card (1734-rs232 ascii) and I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom