RSSQL, RSLinx, ControlLogix5xxx series PLC

dziman

I plan to have a setup where RSSql reads datapoints from a PLC via RSLinx and attempts to insert them into the database. If the database successfully inserts the row then I'd like to continue operation; however, if RSSql fails to insert the row (postgresql issues a REJECT on the tuple) I'd like to issue a command to the PLC to stop operation. Do I need RSView in order to issue this command or can RSSql combined with RSLinx issue a command to the PLC to stop operation. Can RSSql even recognize that the insert failed? How does RSSQL issue that command to the PLC?

Thank you,
David Ziman

Have you verified that RSSQL will work with Postgres?

Yes, there is handshaking between the PLC and RSSQL.

You need to RTFM đź““

Similar Topics

Hi, I am currently in need of help with regarding of the ways on how to connect RSSQL to suitelink without using 3rd party driver...your reply is...
Replies
Views
Hello all I am a student and also very new to PLC's and RSSQL. I have a situation where I am trying to link rslinx classic to ms sql through rssql...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get a string from the plc and store it in a database, but I can only get the first byte, I know there should be an easy solution to...
Replies
Views
Hi Everybody, While I am trying to start configure RSSql,I m getting Error(33190)'The service could not validated using specified username and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I am trying to define data points in RSSql and am having some problems. I have a ControlLogix 5555 controller and an OPC topic set-up...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom