1747-SN in extension 1746-A10

KEN_KACEL

My slots are full in the 1st rack (1746-A10) and I have two more slots available in the second (extension) rack(1746-A10) . I am adding another machine to the PLC. Can I place the scanner card(1746-SN) in the extension rack for RIO to the new mahine? or does the SN card have to go in the main rack?

Those answers are correct; you can place the 1747-SN in any I/O slot of an SLC chassis, whether local or expansion.

Do you have enough memory in the controller to handle this second machine ? A twenty-slot control system is pretty large for an SLC, and unless this is some small auxilary system you might be overstretching what one controller can do. CPU's aren't *that* expensive !

I have plenty of memory left 53740 Instruction words left.
Thanks for bringing that to light I have run out of memory before.
----------------------------------------------------
I have chosen the scanner card method because we're in Michigan and they're in Miami. So hooking a modem to the DF1 gets me to the whole system. I have done alot of work over the modems (troubleshooting,PLC changes,updates,ect.). Keeps me sleeping in my own bed and when MaMa is happy the family is happy. The customer benifits by having quick results.