direct logic 405 question? Help

darrentpi

What instruction, or menu will i find a tof delay?
and how do I edit or insert a instruction between or infront of an exsisting, cant figure out how to do that!
Thanks,
Darren

I assume you are using DirectSoft, if its TiSoft I am not positive but should be same.

It does not offer a Timer Off Delay, what you do is use a TMR (timer) and its associated done bit ...ie Timer1 will use T1. To make it off delay just use -|/|- T1 and a conditioning bit.
Code:
start tmr not done run
|---| |------|/|---------( )---|

Timer when done can reset itself and the start (conditioning) bit.

Another option is to use compare instructions and set a "range"..ie greater than 1 less than 10 or whatever.

Last edited:
darrentpi,

To insert an instruction before another one, place your cursor on the existing instruction, then click "Edit, Insert, Column, Before Cursor, 1, OK". A new position will appear for you to insert your new instruction into.

Thanks for the help, problem solved.
What about deleting individual up down colums, and how do you undo changes made with out having to delete the whole rung?
Im new to this programming, but starting to figure it out.
Thanks,
Darren

You can use Ctrl+Z to undo changes. Look at Edit in the menu and you will see the associated hotkeys to use for the commands. This applies to using DirectSoft.

To insert you can also use the Insert key on the key board and it will ask what you want and where you want it.

You can use Ctrl+Shift+Left, right, up or down (arrow)to delete wire (line) and instructions as needed, ctrl+ left, right, up or down will put the wire (line) where its wanted.

You can also go into the Help index and read the Hot Keys section.

May be

Darrentpi you can also use F5 for coils amd F7 for boxes.
Here are some thoughts for a timer off delay DS will complile
this, but i haven`t tried in a plc. At the end of a rung you
can also just type what you want like out press enter or tmr press enter / for NC or if it is NC and you want it NO / and it will change to NO. May be this will help some.
TOFDSs.jpg

:site:

Im gonna print this off and test it at work, to see if it delays the off time for ten seconds. I need this operation for for rev on motors, without anti plugging.
Darren