WinCC basics

Unregistered

U
Hi, I got Siemens demo CD WinCC 6.0. I don't have any practical experience when working with this software. I have some knowledge about PLCs and I want to make a simple visualisation, I want to diplay states of inputs and outputs of a PLC. I didn't install WinCC yet. Is there any special thing I need to pay attention when installing?
Also is it possible to test it with PLCSIM first before actually use of PLC?
I' m complete beginner with proces visualisation. Do you have any online resource to recommend that might help me to accomplish this task?

Thank you very much.

Hello all, after installing WINCC 6.0 Demo I noticed that the way I log on to windows (Win XP home) is changed and that there is no user switch in start menu. Is that normal? I tried to turn it back on via Control Panel/User accounts but it is disabled here. I didn't install other software than WinCC?
Why is Welcome screen disabled and is there any way to change it back on?
Does anyone else have similar problems (if that can be called problem)?

Thanks

I use PLCSim with S7 lite and it didnot effect ,my PC yet. You might have chosen some option during the installation. I am waiting for the demo CD of WINCC i'll revert once I install and use it..
Meanwhile if you can post the demo CD in some file sharing it'll be helpful. since its a long time I ordered the demo CD and didnot receive yet..