Adressing axes with an Rmc100

I have read the Rmc100 manuals and i am still not too sure on how to redirect command and status registers on my plc (cs1h-h cpu 65). I will be using a Rmc100 with 2 Mdt modules (4 axes), via Profibus dp. I do not want to use automatic adressing, because i am afraid it could write over registers already used.
Thanks in advance
Richard

Richard Grégoire said:
I have read the Rmc100 manuals and i am still not too sure on how to redirect command and status registers on my plc (cs1h-h cpu 65). I will be using a Rmc100 with 2 Mdt modules (4 axes), via Profibus dp. I do not want to use automatic adressing, because i am afraid it could write over registers already used.
Thanks in advance
Richard

It depends on the communication mode you are using. Compact mode uses only two registers per axis. Message mode use a 32 word status area and a 64 word command block and a 64 word read block. In either mode there must be a way to map the Profibus input or output registers into the Omron's memory. ( Does any body know where the Profibus data shows up in a Omron PLC? This is really a Omron question ) Most PLCs can not support the message mode as it requires 160 I/O registers for just one node. I need to know what mode you are using with the CS1-H CPU 65. I am assuming this is an Omron CPU with a Profibus DP master plugged into the back plane. I am hoping that some that there is some on the forum that know something about Omron PLCs and Profibus DP. I didn't even know Ormon supported Profibus DP until now.

Hi Peter
Thanks for replying.
I have finally found what i was looking for, time being a factor, i overead a few chapters of the rmchelp files.( a big error from my part...) I have finally reached your technical support which was of great help and very keen on giving me the pointers to great positionners. I went with the message mode, and had no problems defining the slave area of the profibus dp master, and mapped the entire array of registers (status, command and response) to the data memory of my plc. The Rmc100 is so versatile, that i am already thinking of using the teaching mode as an auto-calibration tool for the equipement it is being used on.
Thanks Peter
Once done with the setup, i'll post the results as a reference.
Richard