alarms in PV+?

darrenj

i have a system set up with 30 odd alarms...(Using control logix) Then alarms are triggered with a dint condition..
alarm.1 alarm.2 alarm.3 ect..

Everything works good but when the alarm clears the text disapears from the alarm box but the box stays on the screen..becouse there is no alarm to ack. the box stays..how can i close the box when the alarm clears??..BTW there will always be alarm that have been ack. but not cleared..

Here is where you can to a remote close.

RSALARM.jpg

Thanks all for the relies..i did all of above before i posted..The alarm would clear (text would go away) but the red screen would remain..for the remote ack, and remote close i used
{[projectname]}alarm=0..thinking about it now i should perhaps of tried NOT{[projectname]} alarm...
However i solved..(Not fixed) the problem by latching the alarm and then adding a reset button..The ack and remote close is now done by remote_ack. This seems to work however if the person clears the alarm and pushes the ack button quickly the text goes but the screen remain..Hold the ack button for a second or two and the screen closes..
Its not perfect but i am still working on it...