Siemens and Quickpanel

onurich01

I have a job where we are converting a siemens S7-300 to a Controllogix, and a Quickpanel to a PanelView. I have the PLC and HMI files here and need some help [font=&quot]recognizing[/font] what files go with what. Here is what I have and here are my guesses:

.s7p - Step 7
.s7s - Step 7 (does Step 7 need two files?)
.npa - File for Quickpanel (is this Cimplicity?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Normally a Step 7 file would come as either a .zip file or another type of 'archived' file.

What you have there is two of the files from the archive. I don't think you have enough of the project there to work with (but I could be wrong).

There's normally loads of files and folders that go into making a S7 project... you could do with either getting a print out of the programme or uploading the code to your laptop (with Simatic Manager) and then you can archive it...

Thanks,

I actually do have a .zip file with tons of files in it. I figured that our customer zipped up the PLC and HMI files together, and I was thinking that the extra files were all for Quickpanel. This entire zip file might be the PLC program only then huh? I am very experience with AB, but this is only my second Siemens project. The first was a S7-200 so I only programmed with Step 7 micro, and there weren't this many files.

Chances are then that the zip file is the archived project. If you go into Simatic Manager and click File - Retrieve. Then navigate to your zip file and click Open. It should then un-archive it back into a project again.

You can then view all the program and translate it into Control Logix.

:)