Searching variables from VDT S7

Johnny T

I know that you can use Go To Location in S7 to find all the instances of a certain variable.

Is it possible to search on the variable names within the Variable Declaration Table?

For instance, if I declare a variable of the type 'temp' called #Temp1

Can I search for all the instances of #Temp1 in that function? It doesn't let you enter the word #Temp1 in the Go To Location box but I just wondered if it needed to be formatted differently or something.

Thanks in advance

JT

Looks like you cannot search for it in the Declaration Table.

The only thing that can bring you a little bit closer to where it is hiding is to open up the properties of the variable, and see if it is an IN, an OUT, a STAT, or a TEMP.

edit:
To the second "part" of your question:
No you cannot make an "X-ref" within an FB or FC for a locally declared variable.
The easiest is to browse from location to location with CTRL+SHIFT+F (for forward) and CTRL+SHIFT+B (for backwards).

Last edited: