LogixPro

Bubbajohnson

Is there a site somewhere to get the sollutions for the logixpro simulator problems. I am attempting to learn plc's and ladder logic on my own and would like to compare my work to enhance my learning.

Go to the source

Address your needs and concerns to Mr. Bill Simpson. He is the owner of the site TheLearningPit.com and also the guy who wrote the LogixPro software. You can email Bill at [email protected] and tell him what you need.

Logix pro

Bubbajohnson

After going through your plc trainer you have the idea at least. Try and test your program with the simulator provided. It shows if you have failed or passed.If you cannot, send your tried ladder to these greast people here who assisted me before, they will help you, that is if you try first.

As Densam said, if you run the simulator, that is the best way to test you project. I was once was told, anyone can program a plc, but experience enables you to program a plc well.

By comparing to a solution is not alway the best way, every one has their own way of acheiving different results, some are robust, and some are flaky, but more often than not, they will work.
Saying this though, I am sure that bill's version will be the best and most efficient for the simulator exercise.

Those exercises are very good, I spent some time using logixpro, and it gives you a good understanding of the basic concepts. Was last on the elevator sim, got it working, but never really got to finish the stopping for an up request if the car was travelling up and vice versa, may get back to it some day, when i have finished programming real plcs.

Thanks for the replies

I have completed the exercises through the traffic light and they all work. YAY! But am wanting to compare to see if my way is the simplest/best way to do them. I have a tendency to over think things:(
Meanwhile I'll continue on and hopefully I won't have the elevator filling bottles on the second floor.

Hi guys i am trying to solve the traffic light simulation exercise 2.
But i am trying to do it on gx developer for mitshubishi fx2n software.
I want to keep this ladder simple with 4 timers and i was thinking maybe one or possibly two memory blockss.
Am i in the wrong line of thinking or is this possible without using any latching devices or anything???