Not gonna happen!

randylud

Hello, Im a Mexican student doing my internships in a local integrator and they gave me the task to update a PLC2 to PLC5 but I don´t have the software needed ! Is there any way I could find one around? I understand that it is as small as a floppy disquette, so May I bother you if you could send me a copy?

Got this in a PM from palazuelos who obviously is new to this business. My answer is given here so that you and all will know, there is no free ride. True, there are some PLC programming software packages around that are low cost of even free, from the original equipment manufacturer. I am almost sure that no one on this forum is in the habit of contributing to software piracy. If you are going to become a practitioner in this field, do it the same way we all have and pay your dues. That includes the cost of software. Or better yet, get the company you are interning with to supply it for you. And if they really are an integrator, wouldn't that be a given?
Note: Been a member of the PM club for some time. This is not my first, nor is it likely to be my last.

Sounds a little fishy to me. If he's with an integration company and has been given the job of working out an AB solution, why wouldn't he be given the needed access to RSLogix?

Perhaps realizing that the software is needed, determining the source and its price, is part of the lessons he is to learn in his internship.

I am not sure we ever figure out the whole story in some of these requests, specialy the PM ones.

There seems to be a second shoe to drop, or a wisp of dead fish in the background, in most.

Maybe we can get a small extra icon or avatar, when we have been inducted into the PM club.

regards, all.....casey

This boy believes in long lining or a trot line -- put out more hooks to increase odds of catching fish??

Hmm Madison Avenue ??

I thought this request was familiar -
he posted a near identical yesterday.

Dan

I'm 'supprised' a Washington guy would 'know' what a trot line really was.

Wait, wrong forum to inquire..:)