MicroLogix 1000 Analog set-up

Unregistered

U
hi, and thanks in advance for answering. On the ML1000, there are physical analog inputs to the right of the input terminals. In the set-up of the controller in RS500, it shows analog inputs as being inputs 4-7. This is also shown in the Data File I1.

My question is....in RS500, how do I address the analog inputs? I'm sure I don't terminate my analog signal on both terminal strips, but I don't see an input that will address these analog inputs...what am I missing?

not quite clearing this up...

thanks for the link, but this didn't help. It states that an analog input is in word format. This was already known, but would this override the bit input?

To better explain my question, try this... I:0.4 is an analog voltage input.Where on the controller is the physical terminal for I:0.4?

What happens to I:0/4? Is this still a valid input?

What virtual address does the input A0/0 have? This terminal identifier is on the face of the controller.

Time to read page 4-11 of that manual AJ pointed to. There is a difference between I:0/4 and I:0.4. I:0/4 is actually I:0.0/4.

The ML1000 User Manual doesn't explain it very well. I prefer this version from the Instruction Set Reference Manual...

ABaddressing.jpg

🍻

-Eric

if the analog input is I:0.4, where is the physical terminal on the controller?

I know there is a difference between word & bit addressing, and I know that I:0.4 isn't the same as I:0/4, I just need to know where the terminal for I:0.4 is. The terminal for I:0/4 is marked on the controller, but there isn't a mark for I:0.4...whick of the analog inputs on the controller relates to I:0.4 in the software?

The analog input terminals are labeled IA (SHD), IA/0(+), IA/1(+), IA(-), IA(SHD), IA/2(+), IA#(+) IA(-). SHD is for cable shields, (+) terminals are singnal input, (-) are for signal reference. IA/0 is I:0.4, IA/1 is I:0.5, IA/2 is I:0.6 and IA/3 is I:0.7. If your ML1000 does not have terminals marked as I described above, it is not an analog capable controller. The P/N should have a -5 at the end to signify analog capability.

The first analog input address is I:0.4 and is wired to terminals for the first analog input marked IA/0+ and to the common IA-.

The last analog input is I:0.7 and is wired to terminals for the last analog input marked IA/2+ and to the common IA-.

thanks mgvol & Tom, this is the answer I was looking for...it seems that part of it wasn't in the book, or at least I didn't find it in the book. I thought this was correct, but wanted to make sure BEFORE start-up. Thanks again, guys!