Need Device Net Help

Maverick 250

M
I am being sent to another plant to help out. All their help left. They have a new huge assembly line that is in startup. It has problems with the Device Net addresses not all working properly. It is controlled by Control Logix. I am not an Allen Bradley trained person. I have not used or even seen Device Net or Control Logix. As close as I can tell, there is no documentation, no manuals, no support from the local distributor (hardware was bought out of state). There may be software on the laptop, maybe not. I don't know if control logix is PC based, plc, or ?

I am expected to go in, have a laying of the hands, and all will work. I am lost, and do not have a clue were to start. I am not even allowed to look in the door until the morning I am to report. I told them that this is utterly ridiculous. Their reply was "are you saying that you are declining your assigned work assignment". Does anyone need a clarification on what that means?

Thanks for any advice. There is no internet access allowed at that plant. Actually, not much IS allowed there.

M-250

Controllogix is a PLC, RSLogix 5000 is used to program them. RSNetworks is software used to setup a Devicnet network
You can goto www.ab.com and on the main page is a link to Manuals. Someone will have to provide RSLogix 5000 and RSNetworks software and hopefully a copy of the programming. If you havent worked with them before you have a large learning curve to go thru.
This is an RSLogix 5000 programming manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm001_-en-p.pdf

You can get info on devicenet at www.odva.org

Last edited: