AB RSlogix 5 file merge??

G
This is very puzzeling. I can go online with the PLC 5/40 with a computer running win2000 and Rs logix 5 rev 4.3. With the same file I am not able to go online (it will not merge or recognize my file) with a computer running win XP and RS Logix 5 ver 6?? I can go online creating a new file and after I compare both files (The difference) I get a highlited different processor name, which is the same 6 digits (numbers).:confused: Some help?

Thanks,
Eugen

Guest said:
(it will not merge or recognize my file)Eugen
I'm not sure what you mean by this? I'm guessing you get a window that pops up with a few options such as "Create a new file" and "Browse". If so, what are you doing next? You should be able to click on "Browse" and then locate the offline file on your computer. A new option will appear in the window that says something like "Upload/Use this file". Once selected, it should upload the current logic in the processor and merge it with your offline database and allow you to go online. Hope this helps.:)

Thank you Rob for your reply.

It was a space before the processor name that seems to make a difference between the two RS versions. Is fixed now but so much for the convenience of the new laptop :D