Lates program in RSL5k

Hundikoer

Hi

One customer who has quite impressive CLX system, complained me that the battery went down. As OEM is in backrupt, he asked me to download latest software to PLC.
The problem is he sent me zilion ACD files and noone knows which one is latest. Dates are all same. Also no documnetation about revisions etc.
Do you have any idea how to identify latest version, or hould I just test and test....

Also, in that case, is PLC program all that I have to downoad to machine (it has SERCOS, DNET and ENET modules also)?

BR
Lauri

if the dates are all the same, then the files were probably "zipped" before being sent to you ... some zip programs change the dates to "when zipped" or "when expanded" ...

if this scenario sounds reasonable, then call the guy who sent the files to you ... maybe he can look in the directory of original (not zipped) files and spot the latest date ... then send that ONE to you ...

good luck ...

I wonder if the PLC system time gets saved to the ACD file when you upload tags.

By the way, are all these files labelled like this: XXXXX_BAK###.ACD? If so, all the _BAK### files are automatic backups by RSLogix. Look for the file without the _BAK.

Hundikoer said:
Also, in that case, is PLC program all that I have to downoad to machine (it has SERCOS, DNET and ENET modules also)?
Yes, that's all you need to download, unless the DeviceNet configuration has been trashed. All of the Sercos and Enet data is in the ACD file.

If you are asked to update firmware, it is only necessary to do the processor and sercos modules.

You could try to find the lates revsion by the size of the file..Usually the later version would usually be bigger becouse of additions.

darren you read my mind.
I rename my project when I make a significant change.
i.e. East_line_tension_leveler_1.ACD
East_line_tension_leveler_2.ACD

Are all the file names identical?

Thans guys

This 'biggest is latest' makes sense.

The names do not makes sense at all. They include words like PLC2, PLC3, left, right etc. Like it is so difficult to make sort of system saving files (even I do it normally).

But,
Now the customer has a clue,which one is the latest. Like always,in the beginning s huge panic the everything will calm down.

I will visit them during next week, and let's see, what happens.

PS! The customer also mentioned that the machie builder has worked with the machine for 2 years and the machine havent worked basically at all. What a waste of money!