24hr clock in plc 5-40

kayak1

Is there 24hr clock in PLC 5-40 AB or I have to build one myself on timers for production statistics logic ?

The 5/40 has a realtime clock. The individual values can be accessed from the status registers S:18 - S:23.

Open up your processor status and look at the main tab for a breakdown of which status regiter is any particular date/time field.

Keith

SLC 500 Brick

How about in a regular old SLC 500 there is no clock setting or day settings.

Did they just not have a clock. (besides the free running clock)

I made one out of timers and it will keep time except for having to start it with an input it works.

The biggest problem is if the power goes off you loose the clock.

Is there any other way to do it with this type of proccessor

Clint

Similar Topics

Hello all and Happy New Year... almost I need to get the 24 hr time in a compactlogix PLC (Version 33). I am having a hard time with the data...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was needing some help with a task i have i will try to explain & be detailed I'm using Wonderware software in our SCADA system I have a...
Replies
Views
We recently purchased a IC693CPU352 module and it appears the internal time clock is static. I can set the time and date but once set it does not...
Replies
Views
Hello. I cannot change the SendClock settings for a PROFINET IO device. I need to slow down the CODESYS PROFINET IO controller. What am I doing...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am not a programmer, but I can do some simple programming. So now I want the time to be recorded every time a pump turns on. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom