Ladder Logic RSLogix 5000

Jim@purdue

Any help would be appreciated, i'm an chemical engineer trying to learn basic ladder logic for a project i've been working on thats not working real well.

This is what i have:
3 pilot lamps: Red, Amber, and Blue
2 Buttons start and stop
Selector Switch A and B

The lamps need to do the following:

Start button Pressed and Selector switch in A position, then
1.) Red on 2000ms, then Amber on 1000ms, then Blue on 2000ms, then Red and so on repeatedly for one minute.

2.) Repeat blinking pattern 1, but four times faster, Red 500ms, Amber 250ms and so on, this lasts for 15 seconds.

3.)Run Pattern 1, then pattern 2, repeatedly two times (total 150s), then all three pilot lamps are blinking together on for 250ms, then off for 500ms.

4.) Selector swith in B position, patterns 1 through 3 run the same way, but in reverse order: Blue first, Red last, switching the selector switch when program is running swaps Red with Blue.

5.) Program 1 through 3 runs until stopped with stop button, all three pilot lights are then blinking together, on for 100ms and off for 100ms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Since no one else has jumped in I guess that I will. PLC programming is not something that you just jump into knock it out and go back to your real job. Anyone here can program it for you...but why should we? I think Coca Cola costs too much at a ball game...could you give me the recipe so I can make my own?

If you are interested in learning PLC programing make an attempt, post what you have and people will come out of the wood work to help you get it done right. But no one wants to do your job for you.

You are obviously a chemical engineering STUDENT, as this is a highly unlikely project for the real world. Read some of the traffic light posts, and then come back with your attempts at code, and you will get a lot of help.

Actually, Tom i have my Masters in Chemical Engineering from Purdue, i was sent back by my employer to take a few PLC clases to familiarize myself with this subject. After spending a little trial and error time with the rslogix software i was able to figure this out, thanks for all you help.

Jim