AB PLC 5/60 DH+ Problem

WhatThe

I have a AB PLC 5/60 with both DH+ channels being used. Every time you communicate on the 9pin DH+ via PCMK card and RSLinx, you can get online and make changes but when you go off-line, the processor quits communication on all DH+ channels. The HMI devices throw errors like "PLC failed to respond". If you cycle power communications are resumed, and the processor can be seen on RSLinx as active.

OK, probably need to replace the processor but as a stop gap measure to facilitate necessary revisions, I setup programming terminal remotely via RSLinx Gateway. I was able to get on-line, made my revisions, uploaded backups, etc.

Now I cannot get to the processor via the RSLinx Gateway (Processor shown with Red X)....however the local HMI is still communicating, we are still collecting data and controlling equipment. No configuration has changed since my last revision.

Just wanted to get some feedback on this....it is an old processor that has been in operation with only minor code revisions for several years. I'm sure if I cycle power I could once again access the processor remotely.

Thanks