Panelview 1000 dual function

Unregistered

U
Hi All,
I'm new to this. I've been given a project at work to install a pv1000 to run a machine.
My question is:
One of the pages in the pv shows 5 boxes of information. Each of those boxes contains a numerical entry.
Each one of the boxes also has a small yellow box in the top corner telling the operator which F(unction) key to push to access that numerical entry.
How can I make the small yellow box turn red so that the operator knows which numerical entry they are about to change? Also if they come back to that page from a different page they will know which numeriacl entry they are currently accessing by the box being red instead of yellow.
Basically what I want to do is, for example: the operator pushes the F2 key, the yellow box turns red and then they pu their new numbers in and press enter. The box stays red until they select a different F key whilst on that page?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been told elsewhere that this is not possible. As an electrician, if I were using relay logic this would be a really basic task.
Thank's in advance
Howard

Hi guest,

I don't think you can make the little yellow box turn red when you press a function key to access a numeric entry object. At least not initially. A partial solution would be, in the plc program, check and see if the value being changed has actually changed. If it has changed, set a unique bit in the plc program that will then change the yellow box (this should be a multistate indicator with yellow for state 0 and red for state 1) to red. You will have to make sure this bit stays on (could use a latch bit, but don't advise it). This way you will always know which numeric entry object was last accessed. You will have to make sure to turn off the old red box if a new one is selected. If you would like to see some sample code in RSLogix 500, just let me know...

Kyle

You may be able to get the box to change colour with some additional PLC programming. However, you will still have to press the function key to make a subsequent data entry. One entry per selection.