Cool stuff

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've been wanting to get something like this for a long time.

Anybody knows who builds it?

I'd really want one with serial link.

It connect to the programming port of a PLC/Controler and the other end is your lappy.

Sure would be nice to get rid of them cables.

Last edited:
I played with one similar..I had a micrologix 1500 connected to the master and a 6 inch ez-touch panel hooked to the slave....it was pretty neat but wasnt wireless..I could of bought a dongle and used a linksys wireless card if I had wanted to and it would of done the same thing......Only problem is that you cannot have 2 devices hooked to 1 serial port so I would have to disable the HMI when I was online with the micrologix...
It was a Digi IAI or something..lemme fetch a link
I cant convey what I'm trying to say with words...maybe they will do a better job :)
http://www.digi.com/products/externaldeviceservers/digioneiap.jsp
Heres the product data sheet..
http://www.digi.com/pdf/prd_ds_digioneiareal.pdf

A lot of our PLC work already has or includes an ethernet module with a switch built into the panel. We carry small wireless routers with us to give us wireless capabilities. Works well for most places.

I have a dream (seems I heard that before :))

2 days ago I was in Atlanta and I had to check one tiny winny bitty thing in an old PLC system.

So I got my laptop out and, holding it in my hand, proceeded to go online and verify what was wrong.

After 10 minutes (I'm not the faster bunny) I decide it was time to sit down and do a torough check of the thing.

To finds a 45 barrel and a plywood takes me 15 minutes and then, any time I was not sitting at the "desk" it seems somebody was getting there leg stuck in my cables. Almost lost my laptop.

If I could only get my hand on a small RF adaptor (small reads also cheap) ... sitting 15 feet away ...

And by the way, I never assume that the name on the thing is who builds it. Maybee its Wago and then again maybee not!