micrologix controller properties

Robby

Can any one explain to me why when I start a new program, and pick as my processor a micrologix1000, during the proccess of downloading the program the processor type is always changed to micrologix1000 DH-485/HDSlave. Every thing works fine with the program but I can not establish serial communications with my panelmate. Could this have something to do with it or is this normal. Thanks Robby

Herring Alert

What's going on is that DH-485 protocol and DF1 Half-Duplex Slave protocol were added to the MicroLogix 1000 controllers a couple years after they came out; prior to that all they had was DF1 Full Duplex protocol, which is still the default.

When you download to any A-B processor, RSLogix checks the processor Series and firmware revision to be sure that you're loading a program that is compatible with that firmware; you couldn't load a program configured for DH-485 protocol, for example, into a 1996-vintage MicroLogix 1000 Series A controller.

If you have a newer (or larger) controller than your program indicates, RSLogix will ask if you want to change the controller type and go ahead and download, which you evidently did.

Your PanelMate comms are probably unrelated to the change in Series designation (which I think should have Series letters, not the feature set!).

What protocol is the PanelMate expecting to use ?

Thanks Ken
Sorry I took so long to get back! In the Cuttler Hammer software I selected Allen Bradeley Serial. I am guessing that is the same as what You referred to as DF1 full duplex protocall. Thanks Robby