Allen Bradly PLC 2 Program Error

riyajahamad

Hi, we have Allen Bradly PLC 2 which control 2 SPM ( I mean two I/O rack )When we start (control on) one of SPM, PLC shows Program Error. My question is :

Is it software problem or Hardware ?

How to solve the same as we don't have the communication software and cable.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know you need to get online with the processor.

Seeing as how the software is so expensive ( TOPDOC is $3,750 USD and AB 6200 is $9800 USD ) it may be cheaper to call in tech support from Rockwell. Unless you can find a contractor local that has it.

You may want to consider a processor upgrade too. AB may still support the processor upgrade program they had for PLC2 to PLC5s for a discount.

jstolaruk said:
AB may still support the processor upgrade program they had for PLC2 to PLC5s for a discount.

AB does indeed sutpport an upgrade program. You have to work with your Rockwell rep. Basically you will end up sending a copy of your PLC program to RA, and they will crank it through a translator that they have. Then you replace the PLC/2 with a PLC/5, load the program and you're up and running. Rockwell will buy the PLC/2 back from you, dont expect a lot of money for it, but they do buy them back and refurbish them because there are people who do not want to upgrade, though I can't imagine why they wouldn't.