Favoraite Terminal Block???

Hi all,

Just a quick question, what supplier do you guys prefer for terminal block?? Is it dictated by the job or client or do you have a "favoraite" supplier or type?? or does it really matter to you...

We use a couple, AB, Wiedmeuller(SP?) and Entrelec...

Just curious...

Andrew

I use cage clamp terminals where I can.
And I prefer Phoenix Contact terminals (they are better than Wago cage clamp terminals, despite Wago invented them I believe).

I use the el-cheapo automation direct DN-T10 block and DN-F6 fuse holders....seem to work just fine and dandy :)

If you want to use "Springs" the ONLY good way is with the Entrelec's insulation displacment blocks that use a tool to install the wire.
Don't knock it if you have not tried it, and done it correctly.

I use Phoenix Contact now/

I think the best therminals I used is Entrelec.

But unfortunately they are not available any more over here.

I'll add my vote for Entrelec. They have a variety of specialized blocks, so you can always get EXACTLY what you want. I used them for many, many years, but recently switched to the AD blocks because they're sooo much cheaper. Not nearly as many to choose from, but just fine for the 'standard' 1, 2, and 3-tier blocks.

🍻

-Eric

My last seval BIG projects used Entrelec. I liked them, but the semi-local sales rep was lacking in all ways, and we had to order through his main out of state office, and then wait for them to get the whole order in stock, before they would ship anything.

They are okay (READ "very good").

As Eric mentioned.....AD is much cheaper.

So, who is footing the bill?

regards.....casey

Thanks for the Responses!!

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses. I just posed the question to see what others are using. We do use a lot of entrelec, (5 process lines) but the last few projects I've done I've used Wiedmeuller (2 mills use them). I was just trying to get some recomendations for my next project, but I think I'll use Entrelec next time....

Thanks all.

Andrew

Eric Nelson said:
I used them for many, many years, but recently switched to the AD blocks because they're sooo much cheaper.

I've been told the price difference may have something to do with fire protection. Is anyone familiar with the ratings used?

The best terminal is one _I_ can choose for the application
given requirements, price and availability.
Unfortunatelly most of the customers do insist on particular brand
or model so we have leftover terminals from many different companies.
i like phoenix too but their delivery times suck
for everything (not just terminals) - regardless how much you want
to pay to expedite it or if the item is stock elsewhere.
If you plan on time it's ok but boy you can get in trouble if there is a late change or something is added and your spares don't cover it (happens all the time).
I like spring cage too and AB spring cage terminals are not nearly as good as European brands (wire doesn't want to go in etc.).
We still often use AB simply because they have things when you need them.