Flex I/O wiring diagrams

Unregistered

U
Hey everyone I have been looking for a wirning diagram for the last hour on the net and haven't found anything yet. Its for a 1794-IB16 module (sinks) Does anyone have any sites that have PDF's on it. Have been to rockwell, and on goolge just can't find a wiring diagram.

Hey lads/Lasses,

sorry to drag up an old thread but im confused on the wiring of the Flex I/O 32 way Input modules. I've had a look through the manuals but I still can't get my head around wiring up the cards.

For each 2 wire input you need to wire one leg to the input channel terminal (0-32) and the other leg down to one of the 8x +V terminals which would mean potentially 4 cores per +v terminal (without using external terminals. the question is:

How do you supply power the module? with other Allen Bradley cards there tends to be seperate terminals for the +V and Com to supply power to the cards with other flex i/o modules there are commons that you link from module to module but the diagram for the 32 way shows these arn't connected.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Outrage said:
Hey lads/Lasses,

sorry to drag up an old thread but im confused on the wiring of the Flex I/O 32 way Input modules. I've had a look through the manuals but I still can't get my head around wiring up the cards.

For each 2 wire input you need to wire one leg to the input channel terminal (0-32) and the other leg down to one of the 8x +V terminals which would mean potentially 4 cores per +v terminal (without using external terminals. the question is:

How do you supply power the module? with other Allen Bradley cards there tends to be seperate terminals for the +V and Com to supply power to the cards with other flex i/o modules there are commons that you link from module to module but the diagram for the 32 way shows these arn't connected.

Thanks in advance,

Lee
Last terminal (+V) on the TB (#51 in the TB3 case) feeds the first terminal (+V) of the next TB (#34 in the TB3 case).
You daisy chain through all your TBs this way.
All terminals in between (+V) or (-V) are internally connected to each other.
You need to supply the first and take the next supply oyt of the last one
There's an issue with this type of wiring. The total current cannot exceed 10A. If it does you must wire it in a different way
For 32 point modules you have to split the +V and -V halfway through the TB.
Go on the AB web site and download the following PDF:
1794-sg002_-en-p.pdf
Hope this helps!

bkottaras said:
Last terminal (+V) on the TB (#51 in the TB3 case) feeds the first terminal (+V) of the next TB (#34 in the TB3 case).
You daisy chain through all your TBs this way.
All terminals in between (+V) or (-V) are internally connected to each other.
You need to supply the first and take the next supply oyt of the last one
There's an issue with this type of wiring. The total current cannot exceed 10A. If it does you must wire it in a different way
For 32 point modules you have to split the +V and -V halfway through the TB.
Go on the AB web site and download the following PDF:
1794-sg002_-en-p.pdf
Hope this helps!

Bkottaras,

Hi, thanks for your reply, i've checked the document and it does make a lot more sense! thanks for taking the time out to help.

Cheers,

Lee