9030 Comm

Unregistered

U
Hey guys, got a new toy today 9030 with some Analog IN/Out some other stuff, just received from ebay, $200 CAN, not bad eh, if it works!

Someone please refresh my memory on how to connect CME v5.0 to this device which will only connect via LM90. I tried via CME and VersaPro and get the old timeout, using the same PC attempt connecting usning LM90 and voila! No problem, therefore, pc ports are cool but the PLC dont like this new software; or vise versa.

Help would be great, thanks and have a safe day!

With VersaPro etc you may have to set it for Serial SNP, match the com port and set the SNP ID. IN VP look in Tools>Communication Setup..the others will probably be similar.

If its CPU 311 or 313 you may get a firmware warning or block, this can be changed in Options.

A couple of things come to mind.

First, make sure you completely shut down Logicmaster before trying to establish communications with VP or CME. Don't just hit ALT + M to go offline.

Second, is Logicmaster set up for 19200 baud, odd parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, and using COM1? That's the default set of parameters. If it's been changed, then maybe your CME and VP comms are still set up at default values.

Are you sure you're trying to communicate serially in VP and CME? In both of those packages it's a lot easier to switch between serial and ethernet comms than in LM90.

Steve Bailey said:
...make sure you completely shut down Logicmaster before trying to establish communications with VP or CME. Don't just hit ALT + M to go offline.
That's true. Much like RSLinx, LM will hog the COM port even while offline. I've found you don't actually have to shut it down COMPLETELY. It releases the COM port once you exit to the main (initial) menu (at least on my PC).

🍻

-Eric

I have seen this many times.
The Flash or PROM is too old.
To be sure check the version with LM90 by Shft-F3 'Status' then 'Memory' or similar, under 'Software Version' it will need to be Version X.x (see attachment).
If this is a CPU331 or less you will need to buy an updated PROM chip if you want to use VersaPro or Proficy ME. That should cost about $100 US. If it were a CPU350 or higher you can download the Flash image.
If you can find someone with a PROM burner, eraser and a newer CPU that matches yours you can erasa yours and re-burn it.

Thanks for all your help guys, Russ was right, I checked the prom version and it is very old, V2.02, no problem, LM90 it is!

Here is a new one for you however, I recoded a small program (manually!) into LM90, i try to download to the PLC and get this error:

(U34) Store aborted; Program in folder uses instructions not supported by PLC

?????Damn thing doesn't even tell me what intruction it doesn't like...LM90!

Please help me out guys.

Neither my memory nor my documentation goes back that far. Just a guess.
Must start each rung with a contact -| |-
Will not support: Range command, Array commands
If you would like to post your logic, I am quite sure that I could spot the problem.

2.02, that is OLD! The earliest IPI that I can find in my collection is for release 3.03, dated March 1992. There was a major effort at around v2.5 to get everybody to that as a baseline. They were even giving out free EPROMs to help make it happen.

Just about every enhancement to the instruction set has happened since 2.02. As Russ suggested, post your logic and one of us should be able to spot what's causing the problem.

guys this is a very small program I use some Move-word, Int-BCD, Call, ONDTR, UPCNTR, EQ-INT, I would love to post the logic but my LM90 runs in this little tiny window to screen capture would take forever and i'd have to upload a hundred pics, if you guys have a better way for me to upload the logic I'm all ears.

BTW I am user Rocket1010, i posted this without logging in so ignore the other post by me, Steve you allready responded to that one.

Thanks

The Logicmaster "Backup" procedure creates five files. Run the procedure, zip those files into a single file and attach it to your post. Either that or just zip up all the files in the Logicmaster folder for the program in question and attach the .zip file.

Steve you are correct, i just spent the last ten minutes downloading one function at a time to see which one gives me problem, just so happens I tried the CALL last!

Thanks for all your help guys, no CALLS for me I guess; better get good at writing comments.