profibus master

walters

can anyone tell me what kind of master module i have to use for a mitsubishi FXon-32NT-DP slave module?? i want to program them with for a FX2N-64MT PLC.
can you also tell me what software i must install to get it all programmed

thanks in advance
walters

Hello Walters;

Your question is not exactly clear.
Do you want to know if any Profibus-DP master can connect to a Mitsubishi FXon-32NT-DP slave module? The answer is yes, if you have the gsd file for the slave module you can integrate it it any profibus master's configuration.
Do you want to know what is needed to configure the FXon-32NT-DP slave module on a FX2N-64MT PLC? Once more you need the gsd file for the slave module, and Mitsubishi's Melsec Profimap (Profibus-DP configurator).
I am not familiar with Mitsubishi's PLCs, but this is standard Profibus integration. Go to Mitsubishi's website formore detailed information.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

no i want to know what kind of master i need to order to make it work. i allready know it is possible but i dont know the type of master and i cant find it on mitsubishi's website

ok i now found out after mutch calls that for the FX serie mitsubishi has no master module for profibus. so i have to use an other PLC for the profibus master module. can anyone tell me the cheapest solution for this. our customer only wants mitsubishi so that is a lot easier for us.

Hi Walter, the only mitsubishi master modules that I have come accross are for the A Series, Module A1SJ71PB92D and Q Series QJ71PB92D. Both have to be configured with ProfiMap. To be honest I don't believe there is a cheap solution if you leave the FX Series range and move to the A or Q series. If you type the above into a mitsubishi automation website you should get more info on the modules. If you need more on configuration of these let me know. RPax

thank you for the info RPax but is it possible to keep the old PLC and only use an A or Q serie PLC to be configured as a master and make that control FX slaves? because we have to extend an allready excisting control system with profibus and have 40 inputs and 32 out:eek:

regards walters

Last edited:
i found the master modules bow but i cant find in the data sheets of them if the AJ71PB92D can be connected to any PLC of the A-serie's and if the QJ71PB92D can be connected to any PLC of the Q-serie's if i know that we finally can start informing our customer bout the stuff neccisary and make up a nice price to get it fixed

regards walters

Hi Walter, yes to keep the FX models as slaves and use either the A or Q series as Master is possible. The FX slave can still control the Machine\Equipment as normal and only exchange relavent data to the master such as equipment status, alarms etc. The master can also exchange data to influence equipment behaviour. It really depends what exactly your trying to do.

On your second post, the best bet is to talk to a sales rep. Some CPU's don't support Profibus cards, usually the lower end or cheaper CPU's of A or Q series so you will need to be carefull when selecting. I will see if I can find data sheet and get back to you.

we have to extend an allready excisting control system that we build 2 years ago. for the communication we have to switch to profibus because otherwise we get way to mutch cables in the machine. but if we have to insert a completly new controlsystem it gets to expensive for us and the customer. because i never worked with profibus before (wrote a report bout it for my trainee period) i try to gather as mutch info as possible. i thank you all for help
regards walters

Walters

I dont know whether the A1sJH is still available from Mitsubishi but this is/was a combined processor/psu/backplane and is/was very cost effective for the kind of application you are looking at. I would check with your distributor.

very usefull info andy i shall look for that one and otherwise i shall search for the replaced one for that type.

by the way anyone ever heard of a Q0J PLC? i can find Q00J but i was told a Q0J is a very good solution also

i found the A1sJH andy but are you sure i can connect profibus master to it?? i can't find i back in the description of the device

regards walters

Hi Walters!

You have no problem with using the FX as slave.
You can get a Profibus Master for the FX. But only for the FX2 or FX2NC. The name of the module:FX2N-64DP-M.
You have to use the GX Configurator DP (ver.4.0) for configurer the modules.

Hi again

I would not think you should use the A-series (A1SH)
Instead use the system Q - they are also cheaper in I/O-models.
The range is: Lowcost Q00J,Q00 and Q01. The are cheap and is compared with the FX (instead of). But beware of the Q00J. This is an integratet with a powersuply and are mounted on a rack. You can not replace the CPU on this.
The Q00 and up are replaceble.
There are also the Q02, Q02H etc. with thise you can use multi processor.
But If you choose to use a system Q instead of the FX. I would think of the Q00J or the Q01.
There are no Q0J.

Dariusch