Ra Cnc

Hundikoer

Hi

Does anyone have a information, is it possible to build CNC achine by using AB stuff. Probably they are not supporting these PC-card type CNC products in Europe, but am I right if I say, that using CLX for that task is basically impossible?

Regards
Lauri

Obviously Logix is a general-purpose motion controller, not a CNC controller from the start.

But some users have used Logix to control CNC-type machines. An American company called JVH Engineering built a Logix-based CNC controller that can import a an AutoCAD drawing and follow a tool path described by G-codes, very much like a CNC.

It's not like you can buy a CNC package for the Logix system, but it doesn't fall under the "impossible" category either.

Using CLX I think you would have to re-create your own entire NC interface and command parser. Not something for the feint of heart.

For a packaged CNC solution you might look at:
http://www.fagor-automation.com/Products/CNC/default.htm

We never used them but when we were looking around they seemd like they covered all the general bases. They were also quite a bit less expensive than a comparable FANUC set up.