High Current Analog Output?

PLCDr

I need seven 0-6vdc @ 1/2 amp analog outputs that can comm Modbus TCP over Ethernet. 'Preciate any help!

PLCDr said:
I need seven 0-6vdc @ 1/2 amp analog outputs that can comm Modbus TCP over Ethernet. 'Preciate any help!

That is a very strange specification for an analog output. What is the application?

I agree with Tom but if that's what you need,
you can always take six power opamps. thay will handle 0.5A easily.
just make them voltage follower(s) and use standard analog output card..

Hi Tom and THANKS for the reply.
I'm driving TINY DC motors. They run at a speed which is linear with DC input. O-6v, at 1/2 amp..

Not bad on the Op amps, but I need to make it as maintainable as possible. I THOUGHT I could just find some DIN-rail amp modules (to go with a 'standard' analog output), but surprisingly, can NOT locate any (off the shelf amplifiers) that will do the trick. So, thought the Ethernet analog high output approach might be a clean solution...

Power over ethernet. Not an issue if you don't have any store/forward/switches inbetween.

Basically that makes no sense. Do you have existing 0-6VDC hardware?

You can keep your TCP/other network intact and take 2 pair from that Cat 5 cable. If you plan on using 1000BaseT on that cable forget it. Basically it is a waste of time.

If you have network hardware inbetween point A and B, forget it.

Johnny