micro master !

Farid

hi.. I have Micro Master drive 420 ..and I am trying to make it run a motor by only using two phase i.e L1 L2, but I can't seem to make it work,I am having a fault message "F0003",is there any setting that i have to set or what? my question is, can I make a motor run if I had one lane missing? I am using micro master VFD 420.

thank you in advance.

Farid;

I take it you are trying to operate this drive on 240v single phase... Yes you can operate them on 1 phase, but only up to 3KW or 4HP on 200v to 240v...Any other voltage is a no no... Now keep in mind that you still will get a 3 phase output for your motor... P210 is the parameter that defines your supply voltage...

Hope this helps

hi Garlic64,

thanks for the tips...I will try them tomorrow, hopefullly I wont have those faulty messages.

thanks.bye

hi,
as I try to set the P210(currently 400) to "230"...I find that its not going below "380"..I tried to reset the drive to its factory defaults and still can't set this parameter below 380, and therefore I cant operate the motor I am having fault message F0003.. by the way the motor is 2.2 kw and its a standard induction motor..please guys help.

thanks.

When will people take a bit of trouble to make sure the advise they post is not complete rubbish ?

The drive must be a 220V drive , it won't work with a 380V one , and please ensure that you connect your motor for 220V 3 phase operation (generally delta)

There are ways....

We went thru this once before. Let me see if I can state it correctly. You can set the incoming voltage at 380 at 86Hz, the volt hertz relationship will be the same...ie 220vac at 50 hertz.

I had to think about this situation though. I am not sure it will work with 220vac input. I know it would if incoming was 380.

Last edited:
More Info Needed

Farid said:
hi.. I have Micro Master drive 420 ..and I am trying to make it run a motor by only using two phase i.e L1 L2, but I can't seem to make it work,I am having a fault message "F0003",is there any setting that i have to set or what? my question is, can I make a motor run if I had one lane missing? I am using micro master VFD 420.

thank you in advance.

WE NEED MORE INFO
What is the voltage on your single phase??
Does factory manual SAY it will operate on single phase?
What is frequency?
Does factory manual say this freq is OK
What is max HP rating of drive AFTER derating for single phase and HP of motor

Dan Bentler

leitmotif said:
WE NEED MORE INFO
What is the voltage on your single phase??
Does factory manual SAY it will operate on single phase?
What is frequency?
Does factory manual say this freq is OK
What is max HP rating of drive AFTER derating for single phase and HP of motor

Dan Bentler

Dan eventually he did state 230vac and since he is in mid-east its probably 50hz. He stated 2.2KW which is how they are rated. This is the manual for that drive:
http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/zYxMTU5OQAA_19280273_HB/420_COM_19280273_en_0704.pdf

After looking at the manual the F0003 is Undervoltage and since it is a 380-480 model drive the 230vac incoming power will not work...ie as Unregistered stated its the wrong drive, that model must have 3PH 380-480vac incoming power.

Ron as usuall the greatest

thanks Ron for clearing things out...really you da man 🍺

sorry guys I didnt provide much info, I guess I am gonna try somthing else, maybe hitachi L100 will do, I have tryed it before, and yes Ron you are right in your assumption 3phase = 380, single phase = 230 vac..

thanks guys...regards.

Farid said:
thanks Ron for clearing things out...really you da man 🍺

sorry guys I didnt provide much info, I guess I am gonna try somthing else, maybe hitachi L100 will do, I have tryed it before, and yes Ron you are right in your assumption 3phase = 380, single phase = 230 vac..

thanks guys...regards.

We are using Hitachi LJ100 at school to drive 1.5HP 230 3 phase motor. Works vey well. Takes a fair amount of reading of manual to get the programming right.

Dan Bentler