activation disk for siemens S5

slanemore

Hi all, can anybody tell me how I can copy the activation disk for siemens S5. I’ve tried a few disk copy apps but they all fault out when getting the image.:unsure:

Just say no to software theft.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will come to board used by people who write software for a living for help stealing software from people who write it for a living.

Last edited:
I'm with Alaric on this one...

slanemore said:
Hi all, can anybody tell me how I can copy the activation disk for siemens S5. I’ve tried a few disk copy apps but they all fault out when getting the image.:unsure:
Hence the term "Copy Protection"... :rolleyes:

🍻

-Eric

Yes it's copy protection ok, but there has to be some application out there that can get around it and make a copy?

I've already purchased the software and just want a copy on my laptop and desktop. I can only use one at a time, so where's the problem with that?

slanemore said:
I've already purchased the software and just want a copy on my laptop and desktop. I can only use one at a time, so where's the problem with that?

The software license you purchased stipulates how many computers you may install an activation file on. If you have only one activation, then the license you purchased stipulates that you may install an activation on only one computer. If you want more than that then you must license accordingly.

You are not actually the owner of the software, its still the intellectual property of Siemens. You are only owner of a license to use it, under their terms, and the terms are that you purchase an acitvation for each computer you want to use it on - or you move the acitvation. Get with the rep who sold you the software to explore the options you have, perhaps a single network license will serve your needs. Siemens is not out to make it harder on you, but they do want to protect their intellectual property.

It's not illegal to make backups of your legal bought software.
It must be in the 'grey zone' at least.
I think we should not advertise methods on how to circumvent the copy protection to licensed software on this forum.

I would hate if AB, Siemens, and all the others starts to make even more crude copy protection schemes. They will if circumventing the current copy protections gets too widespread.

You can use the laptop or the desktop, not both together. So I don't see any problems with this. I do the same with the AB software.

Ron

Copy protection

If people keep it up they'll create a bloody dongle for it. How would you like having to plug in a piece of hardware into a parallel port to access your software? Of course I'm sure somebody could find a way to copy those also...

Phone up your supplier, speak to 'em nicely and they might let you stick it on your laptop and desktop. Doubt it with Siemens but I know that Omron let me put a copy of their software on my desktop. I have it on my laptop for service jobs etc but I needed it on my desktop for printing out the software to give the documentation to customers (obviously my desktop never goes on site so the software on the laptop and desktop are never used together).

Worth a shot.

I phoned Omron, explained the situation to tech support and they said that as long as I wasn't using the two copies together then they didn't see a problem with it.

I'm with the other lads when it comes to robbing software, I think that the existing protection is problematic enough to us 'honest' engineers in that it can sometimes make your job harder (although Siemens do provide a "get you out the brown stuff 14 day license).

I'd hate to see hardware dongles coming in.