A-B 1756-L61 Programming

jayars

We have an A-B 1756-L61 with ControlNet Interface Module 1756-CBNR in our Melting System which is currently in operation. PLC programmer plans to make a program change to maintain the current status of I/O's when communication is lost in order to prevent tripping of system when I/O's were turned OFF when the commmunication module 1756-CBNR was disabled. A ms interruption occurred when communication test function was disabled and cause os trip of the I.D. Fan.

Will this program change not affect current I/O's for system in
operation?

Please email me at [email protected] for any reply for this posting. Thanks.

You can change this setting for each individual I/O module. The setting is global for the whole card in most cases. There are usually 3 modes of doing this. Reset, Hold Last State, or Safe State.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Unregistered said:
You can change this setting for each individual I/O module. The setting is global for the whole card in most cases. There are usually 3 modes of doing this. Reset, Hold Last State, or Safe State.

Hope this helps,

Dave
What will be the setting for Hold Last State? I am not a PLC Programmer.