Serial Barcode Scanning Using GX Developer

Hi,

Can anyone please provide with instructions on how to setup a Barcode scanner via a QJ71C24N card? :unsure:

I am using a Q01 CPU, and I have been led to understand that I need to write some code to pull the barcode data into the program.

I have very little knowledge as I am relatively new to the PLC field. However id prefer to learn this way that someone else take it over from me.

Any help, instructions or example code (Q01) would be more than appreciated and would prevent any bald patches appearing.

Gareth.

I have not done this with a Q but have done the same thing with A series PLC's on many occasions and it is relatively simple. The first thing to do is to configure your BCR to terminate the bar code data with a particular character (ie ETX). You will then need to use a TO instruction to let the serial card know what this symbol is. For an A series card this is written to buffer memory address H100. When the card receives a string terminating in ETX it will set an input (Xn1 for the A series card) telling the processor that data has been received. You must then read the length of the received data using a FROM instruction (in H80 for the A) to see how much data has been received and then read this number of characters from the card using another FROM instruction (from H81 in the A card). The Q and A series cards seem to be identical so the above addresses might well work but you should check the manual for the card.