Compatable AB Products to Westinghouse WHISP+ protocol

plconnet

Do RA/AB products have the capability to communicate to the
Westinghouse WHISP+ protocol??? where to find more technical information on this Protocol........ is there any one who could help me.. All i know at this stage is that WHISP+ is some kind of SCADA protocol
Thanks in advance

Comms Drivers

My dear friend, your question should be does the westinghouse scada package have communication drivers that can talk to AB.
Try the product website, i dont know if they have one, but they should and see what the available protocols are. They might not have an AB one, but dont worry yet as there are more than one way to skin this cat. :)

Re: Comms Drivers

Thanks for ur Reply but the main problum here is that the end user wants to know communication methods for any RA Product to a westinghouse Switch gair on WHISP+ protocol.... and the wieard thing is that the westinghouse people are not aware of this protocol. Even if i get the techenical details of the protocol i can define a C code in our MVI- ADM's to communicate over WHISP+
Could u put some light on it :unsure:
Thanks

Mick76 said:
My dear friend, your question should be does the westinghouse scada package have communication drivers that can talk to AB.
Try the product website, i dont know if they have one, but they should and see what the available protocols are. They might not have an AB one, but dont worry yet as there are more than one way to skin this cat. :)