S7-200 224 - control 5 dc motors

istantch

Hi guys !

how hard would it be for me to make a program that controls 5 dc motors with S7-200 224. I would like to have touch screen attached to it to change variables ... etc.
I understand that "what the program will do" is what I need to know.

I got from ebay S7-200 224 and Micro/Win, made few simple programs following the "help" that came with MicroWin, but that's all my experience with programming PLCs. I would like to learn.
I have lots of practice with electronics and logics, making PCB and so on. I understand most in the "help" section. Where should I start. I read about Your Personal PLC Tutor - A Guide to Understanding PLCs, but not sure if this is for me.

Thank you !

Istantch

When you say that you want to control 5 DC motors using the PLC, I assume that you will use the PLC to switch outputs to switch an interface relay or contactor or similar.

Your only limit to what the PLC can control will be the amount of I/O you have available.

You mention changing variables via a screen, are you planning on using a drive of some description for the motors? You will not be able to run the motors straight off the PLC outputs you will need some sort of interface (drive, contactor...ETC).

Give us some more information on what you would like to do, what motors you will be using and stuff like that. We can then help you further.

instantch said:
I read about Your Personal PLC Tutor - A Guide to Understanding PLCs, but not sure if this is for me

This information is generic, so it would be a help to you if you are new to PLC's.

Paul

Thank you PLucas for your replay,
Yes , I have a PCB with 5 relays for start/stop motors and two relays to change polarity for forward and backwards movement.
[size=+0]There are two photocells - one at the end of each cycle common for the 5 motors, only one motor spins at a time.[/size]
[size=+0]I will post more and even the PCB.[/size]
[size=+0][/size]
[size=+0]BTW , I like the definition of "...10 types of people.." :))[/size]