Converting a pulse output to an analog output

Orn Jonsson

Hi fellars, PLC type DL05 and DL06

Know of a handy way to obtain the current output frequency on a HSIO card or X0 on a PLC when doing a trapezoid profile?

I would like to use a trapezoid profile and change the frequency output to an analog output. I basically need a moving setpoint for a pressure app. It has to have the trapezoidal trajectory which is only available as a pulse output - unless you purchase a dedicated motion controller.

thanks,

OJ

Seems like the long way around to me, kinda like going through your elbow to get to your knee. Three counters and a couple of add and subtract statements could do the same thing.

1. Start a timer, add to the analog output until timer done. (begin slope section)
2. When the first timer is done, start a second timer for the 'hold' section.
3. When the second timer is done, start a third timer. Subtract from the analog value until the third timer is done. (end slope section)

Walla! Trapezoid profile. Obviously there is more to it than this, but this should get you going in the right direction.