1 input 3 outputs

Unregistered

U
What I want to make is a piece of hardware that has 3 outputs and 1 input. the input will be from my computer sound card, which i believe has 2 wires in it. the outputs will be my TV, my speakers and my earphones. Does anyone know how to make something like this, i cant find it anywhere on the net??
I want to use a switch or push buttins to switch from each of the outputs and maybe some LED's to show what is currently selected.
Please please help me out.

Thanks a lot.

A very ambitious project. There are probably 3 'wires' or contacts from the plug on the sound card. These would be common, left and right. These signals are probably at a low level, possibly enough to directly drive headphones. When you attach 'speakers' to current style computers the 'speakers' have amplifiers in them to raise the power level to sufficiently drive the speakers. It's unknown what level the TV needs. You will have to research all these and find out the appropriate levels. On the other hand, audio stores, lik e Radio Shack, have a number of audio switching components. Maybe one of these would fill your needs.

I am starting to think that this is going to be a lot harder then I had first anticipated. I dont know much about electronics but I know the basics. is there some type of chip or switch that is already made to handle something like this. If there are 3 wires coming from the computer then the chip would have to have 3 wires into it and then have 9 wires out from it depending on which one you want to have the sound come out of, or am i way off course here??

thanks for the previous reply.