Siemens RTD Module Delay...

stevenPLC

Hi,
I encounter a scenario here:

When I connect RTD input into 6ES7 331-7PF00-0AB0 RTD module, it
takes about 5 minutes before able to show actual value. After that, the update will be as per scan time.

I'm using CPU315-2DP.Can anyone tell me why is the delay so long? Any method I can do to prevent this?

Thanks...

I've never used this module, so I'm just guessing, but in the manual, under the section "Module filtering modes", there is the statement:

"Additional conversion time for measuring resistance, in ms 185*"

and in the footnotes you find:

"* The resistance measurement for a three-conductor connection is performed every 5 minutes"

I suspect this may have something to do with your problem.

Have you any unused channels? If so are they parameterised as "disabled" (under "meaasuring method") and terminated?

Maybe it's a combination of these things - who knows, with Siemens, it may just be something you have to live with!:confused:

6ES7 331-7PF00-0AB0 RTD module Delay Reading..

Hi,

Anyine has any further comment or idea about this issue??

I encounter a scenario here:

When I connect RTD input into 6ES7 331-7PF00-0AB0 RTD module, it
takes about 5 minutes before able to show actual value. After that, the update will be as per scan time.

I'm using CPU315-2DP.Can anyone tell me why is the delay so long? Any method I can do to prevent this?

Thanks...